Lorelei the Irish Street
Is the trivia note about a street in Bangor, Ireland really all that relevant. If the street was named after the character, then this trivia would be notable. However, it is almost 100% certain that street was named either after the rock in the Rhine known as Lorelei or Loreley, or else after the Rhine Maiden named after the rock. There could easily be many other streets with that name, and more likely, somewhere in Germany. The street name is irrelevant, and does not deserve a place in the trivia. If someone thinks otherwise, he or she can add it back in, but I'm removing it. Satosuke 22:55, 29 September 2008 (UTC) '
One of the Trivia items says that Lorelai is the only character to call an attack on another character in the in-game text. I could be wrong, but isn't there a moment in the GSC storyline where Lance orders his Dragonite to use Hyper Beam on a Rocket Grunt? I think it occurs in Mahogany Town, in the Rocket Hideout...
Forgive me if I'm wrong, but I'm pretty sure Lorelai isn't the only one to do it...
- No, she isn't so I removed it. Also, please sign your comments (even though I' have no real authori-tah...) Rawr I say! 21:55, 5 October 2008 (UTC)
The way I pronounce Lorelei's name, there is only 2 syllables. "Loor-Lie." Is that the the reason 4Kids changed her name? Why couldn't they pronounce it like it seems like to me? SeanWheeler 02:00, 12 May 2010 (UTC)
- Technically, it's never been outright proven that syllable count is the reason for the Lorelei/Prima mixup in the anime. 4Kids says that's the reason, but they've also tried to use Jynx as a scapegoat as to why the Ice Cave episode has yet to air in America despite having been dubbed with zero valid reason at all (nobody in their right mind would buy any of the racist baloney floating around), meaning 4Kids could have simply said the Lorelei/Prima issue was over syllable count for the sake of having a reason...
- Anyway, Pokémon Puzzle League, which does use the correct name from the handheld games despite its anime basis, does indeed pronounce her name with three syllables. --Shiningpikablu252 02:07, 12 May 2010 (UTC)
- Silent E at the end of a word, not in the middle, generally speaking. Thus Loh-reh-lee. In English, if it had been intended as Loor-lee, it would have been spelled as Lorlei. -- Jïörüjï Ðērākō.>.cнаt^ 02:42, 12 May 2010 (UTC)
It says in the trivia that she is the only elite four to have their in-game home shown in the games. Do we consider Caitlin's Villa in Undella town her home? If so, this is not true. --SpenFen 21:16, 9 May 2011 (UTC)
I think that the move that Lorelei's Dewgong used in the anime was Ice Beam, not Aurora Beam (like the move article claims), because just take a look at these two images: 150px|thumb|left|Cloyster's Aurora Beam
They differ so much that I'm sure that Dewgong's attack was Ice Beam. Besides, if you look at the Ice Beam used by Cerulean Gym's Dewgong in EP061, you can see that it is just like each other. --FinnishPokéFan92 08:12, 11 July 2011 (UTC)
- The difference between the two is obvious if you watch the episode. When Prima's Dewgong uses its attack, it is firing straight from its horn, instead of from an orb. Also, Prima's Dewgong's Aurora Beam has colors in it, as where Misty's Dewgong has only one: pale blue. Littlmiget123 15:22, 11 July 2011 (UTC)
Definition of Lorelei
I actually was reading a Reader's Digest issue and did the word power (definitions of words and trivia). One of the words was "Lorelei", which is defined as "a woman who sings with bewitching beauty". Another definition is that it's "a given female name". Notable trivia or not? - unsigned comment from WATERWARRIOR67 (talk • contribs)
- This was already mentioned in the name origin section... Unless you just now added it. But I don't who you are, you didn't sign your post. Partone (talk) 22:30, 23 January 2015 (UTC)
Bubblebeam on Articuno
I was recently watching a Let's Play on Pokemon Stadium and I saw that Lorelei's Articuno had Bubblebeam for Round 1, although it is not listed here? Unfortunantly I don't own Stadium so I would hope somebody who does edits the page to reflect this