Talk:List of Pokémon by color
- Ow. My eyes. The red and black tables are really... owww... TinaTheKirlia ♥ 23:54, 6 October 2007 (UTC)
forgot to mention IV gen pokemon how you got their color (boxes)
hey dont you think we should have a page like this but for their shiny color? i think that would be helpful but i wouldnt know how it would look and im sure it would be hardHappizelpom 09:42, 25 June 2008 (UTC)Happizelpom
- That would be a good idea but hard to pull off. This page is based on game data which doesn't exist for the shiny forms. --FabuVinny |Talk Page| 13:59, 25 June 2008 (UTC)
just make it like:
purple: wurmple magcargo etc.
does that work?Happizelpom 19:07, 25 June 2008 (UTC)Happizelpom
- The problem is that the Pokédex (which is where you can do a search by color) does not recognize alternate coloration, so there would most likely be arguments over which color the shiny Pokémon are. Plus, there are no shiny versions of the small sprites used in the table. ~$aturn¥oshi THE VOICES 19:33, 25 June 2008 (UTC)
you could just write it like i did you dont have to have a pic, but if you do then use the pics that are on the pokemons pagesHappizelpom 22:04, 25 June 2008 (UTC)Happizelpom
If Munchlax is literaly blue, why is it under black? And why are Mareep and Dialga in white if Mareep is yellow, and Dialga is blue and silver? GuyNamedSean 18:45, 22 December 2008 (UTC)
- Because it's how the in-game coding lists them. Trust me, there are a few other entries that make little sense; someone actually got blocked for edit warring just because they kept changing Golbat's in-game coding-based color field in the infobox to read "blue" based on its appearance (Golbat is listed as purple), even claiming they wouldn't let anyone--even sysops--replace his "correct edits" (the false blue listing) with "false ones" (the correct purple listing based on the coding). --Shiningpikablu252 18:56, 22 December 2008 (UTC)
- Gen IV has the main color data in it? I thought it wouldn't, you can't search for Pokémon by color anymore. Sean... Lord of the Shadows!!! 04:44, 23 December 2008 (UTC)
Shouldn't the Pokémon be ordened by National Dex Number inside their color category? I mean, there's no special reason for ordering them alphabetically here and in by Ndex elsewhere, is there? Mr. Charlie 03:17, 31 March 2009 (UTC)
- This was never answered, and he's got a point. The Manual of style says National Dex order unless a good reason otherwise, why is this page different? Zappyton 18:42, 21 November 2010 (UTC)
Shinies: Green and Different Shades of Pink
Did anyone notice that most Shiny pink Pokémon have green in their shiny sprites and if not green they most likely have a different shade of pink in it.
- Take note that most of it is actually blue.
- Exeggcute (Gen II)
- (Gen II)
- (Gen III+)
- Take note that most of it is actually yellow.
- Mime Jr.
- Mr. Mime
List of Pink Pokémon that do NOT apply
Hmm . . . Half of these are yellow? *sigh* not notable really.
- Corsola (Yellow)
- Gorebyss (Yellow)
- Lickilicky (Yellow)
- Luvdisc (Yellow)
- Mew (Blue)
- Milotic (Several Colors)
- Miltank (Blue)
- Slowbro (Purple)
List of Pink Pokémon that SEEM to apply
These, people would most likely argue about whether they apply or not.
- It's shiny form is very light pink in color and it's also just as much blue.
- It's shiny is actually very close between Hot Pink and Red.
- Snubbull has pink in it's shiny but it's only in the form of small pink dots.
Sorry that this is a bit of a lengthy comment. But all I ask for is a short simple trivia note saying:
- Many of the Pink Pokémon strangely have rather Green or a different shade of Pink in it's sprite.
I'm still waiting for a reply. :3
- I'm inclined to say no. —darklordtrom 20:52, 21 November 2010 (UTC)
Red looks too pink
Why was the color for the Red color category changed to a pinkish color? The orangeish-red color was appropriate for the Red category as many Red-category Pokémon are actually colored orange. Andros 1337 17:11, 21 November 2009 (UTC)
I may sound stupid when I ask this, but shouldn't Virizion's color be Green? Hydra 02:24, 12 May 2011 (UTC)
Thank you to whoever changed the colors of the tables. My eyes do not hurt anymore. Thank you very much. ThatOneKid 15:59, 21 January 2012 (UTC)
Those colored section headings...
I feel that the colored fonts used on the section headings are garish and unnecessary (especially given the neatly-colored tables). However, glancing through the history, it would appear that they've been there since the very beginning 7 years ago (note this was prior to the colored tables), and I could find no indication that they've ever been challenged or discussed.
Update: Under a policy of "edit first, discuss later", I decided to make the edit. If anybody disagrees with this change, please feel free to revert my edit and discuss it here! ExpHP (talk) 18:31, 21 July 2014 (UTC)
- Yellow's was absolutely horrible. Some of the rest also had some claim to being annoying, but they weren't outright assaulting your eyes. Yellow could possibly have been "fixed", but they indeed aren't necessary. The big ol' tables represent the colors just fine (and after a fashion better, on their own). Tiddlywinks (talk) 18:45, 21 July 2014 (UTC)
Megas and Other Notable Forms
Should we add Megas? Mega Charizard X is Black so it's different than Charizard. I tried adding Mega Venusaur but it was too hard. So if maybe you could add the megas and such! Theexploringgamer (talk) 18:51, 22 February 2016 (UTC)