Talk:List of Pokémon by body style
I didn't even notice this section of the DP Pokedex until yesterday. Mine isn't complete. Could someone with a complete Pokedex help me complete this? --Zeta 02:25, 19 May 2008 (UTC)
- All but Arceus here. If anyone knows what his is... Can anyone get the images used, too? TTEchidna 02:45, 19 May 2008 (UTC)
- I can help but not now I completely forgot I had an essay to do.User:CoolPikachu!
- I'm done with Arceus. I added Shaymin as well. tc26 02:28, 4 June 2008 (UTC)
- If the Dex says so. TTEchidna 02:06, 4 June 2008 (UTC)
- I want to reiterate the importance of using the dex rather than just guessing. There are some odd ones. --FabuVinny |Talk Page| 15:07, 4 June 2008 (UTC)
The Dodrio image is repeated twice. Doduo should have been in the first one. BlueJirachi 20:02, 6 June 2008 (UTC)
doesnt heracross have two pairs of wings?
- Holy crap, that's a huge image. Try using one from Bulbapedia and sign your posts with ~~~~. To answer your question, It probably does, but the people who made the game don't give a rat's butt, unfortunately... --Clorox (diskussion) 03:11, 26 June 2008 (UTC)
- Er, a Rattata's butt. :D --▄█
'Clorox▓▒ 19:58, 22 August 2008 (UTC)
- I think that the top "wings" are a kind of wing cover, for if the wings aren't out(think ladybug). That would make one pair of wings. --01:40:10 (UTC)Soprano23
- Er, a Rattata's butt. :D --▄█
I'm assuming the Isshu Dex doesn't organize by body shape? --Element03 01:46, 28 November 2010 (UTC)
- It does but this page wasn't a priority. Now we're just missing five, three of which are event legendaries. --FabuVinny |Talk Page| 21:02, 8 April 2011 (UTC)
- Now we're just missing four (Mandibuzz is Body Style 9). How and we finding these out, anyway?
Regarding "quadruped body" section
I had a question about this section. Shouldn't it be "quadrupedal body"? Like how we have "bipedal" instead of "biped"? I noticed this while I was going through the Pokémon sections and noticed we used the noun instead of the adjective whenever referring to Pokémon with this body style. If I'm wrong about this, let me know and I will undo the edits myself to make up for my mistake. Oh, and I didn't change the link at all, just the word that showed. Thanks! Crystal Talian 08:02, 17 January 2012 (UTC)
- Never mind. "Quadruped" can be an adjective, although it is rare. I'll fix those, then. Sorry about that! Crystal Talian 11:15, 17 January 2012 (UTC)
Head + Wings
Why is Reshiram in here? It has legs, so it should be with Zekrom and Kyurem. -- Pringles 22:49, 17 July 2012 (UTC)
- That's how it is listed in the Pokédex. It has the same bodyshape as the others in its designation (body where the arms are wings) PDL (talk) 22:54, 17 July 2012 (UTC)
Kalos Pokémon and type changes
Original body icons
Dunsparce body style changed?
Gen 7 body styles
Order of shapes?
Is there a particular reason we're using two separate shape orders? In the table that shows how the icons have visually changed over the generations, it goes head — head and legs — fins — insectoid, etc. But the subsections below are ordered head — serpentine — fins — head and arms, etc. Almost none of the shapes are in the same place in both lists, or are nearby any of the same neighboring shapes in both lists. Can someone explain the reason for this, please? Pumpkinking0192 (talk) 16:26, 15 March 2017 (UTC)
- The order used here is the order used in-game for the respective generation (someone complained that they didn't match up between generations, so it's since been changed to match Gen VI/VII). The order on the list and in the filenames and on Pokémon pages is the Generation IV Pokédex order read in a different direction, IIRC. --Abcboy (talk) 18:30, 15 March 2017 (UTC)
- OK. I imagine we probably don't want to go through the hoops of renumbering the filenames, but should we correct the order of the subsections, at least? Pumpkinking0192 (talk) 18:35, 15 March 2017 (UTC)