Talk:Kanto Safari Zone
Entering for free
Weren't you allowed to enter the Kanto Safari Zone for free in Generation I, but only received on Safari Ball if you did so? I remember reading that somewhere... --Alex S. 03:19, 2 January 2009 (UTC)
- No. The 500 fee still applies in Gen 1. You also get 30 Safari Balls, not one. PH1R3STRIKE 03:23, 2 January 2009 (UTC)
- That actually did work. If you had no money (but not if you could afford the $500 fee), you could try a couple times to get in and the guy would give you a Safari Ball. This works only in RBY, not FR/LG. IIMarckus 05:10, 2 January 2009 (UTC)
- Er... I found the Warden's gold teeth, Surf, a Max Potion, the TM for Steel Wing, a Leaf Stone, a Full Restore, and a Protein. (I don't remember where, though, I'm just looking back through my bag after exiting the Safari Zone for the first time...Recalcitrancy 10:44, 19 January 2009 (UTC)
Updating the charts
- *raises hand* If it isn't done in the next week or so, start hassling me to do it or someone else jump in. There are a few more around the place I've bookmarked, but not yet got around to doing. — THE TROM — 08:51, 24 April 2009 (UTC)
Pokemon Chart Confusion
The pokemon charts for areas I and III list Nidoran♀ and Nidoran♂ twice each, listing one for FireRed and one for LeafGreen in both cases. Was this supposed to appear as both types available in both games and just got glitched/mistyped? That seems to be the best reasoning I can think of for it, Nidoran♀ and Nidoran♂ are both available in LeefGreen so I think some one goofed somewhere... Though I'd like to double check with ya'll instead of editing myself... - unsigned comment from Marlamin1 (talk • contribs)
Hard to catch Pokémon?
Shouldn't it be mentioned that you HAVE TO throw a rock at some Pokémon in the first generation so the Safari Ball doesn't miss? One that everyone knows I guess is Chansey, but you also have to throw at least two rocks at Dragonair as well (but only one in the Japanese version). Krisi 10:52, 1 July 2011 (UTC)
- I've caught a Chansey before without using any rocks. I think the effects of rocks and bait are a little too random to say much specifically about their effects on individual Pokémon species. doctorlit 01:18, 2 July 2011 (UTC)
Copy and pasted text?
"Red captures several Pokémon in the Safari Zone. Despite the fact that he was not supposed to bring any regular Poké Balls, Red managed to smuggle one in and catch a Nidoqueen. The others were caught using the custom Safari Balls he was given."
This shows up above the list pokemon for the anime. I would remove it but I have never really edited a wiki before. ([Roconza])
Level 7 Chansey (Yellow Version)
I'm replaying Yellow and I was attacked by a Wild Level 7 Chansey at the Grass Patches on the Entrance Area.
I tried to catch her by throwing a lot of Safari Balls at her but I kept on missing until I decided to go with a Rock, she got angry but didn't run away, I throw a few Safari Balls more and caught her.
Anyway I was really surprised by the Level and when I looked here I noticed that there aren't suppose to be Chansey like that, and when I googled about this I found stuff about a Glitch PKMN (with unusual moves) and a lot of crazy things you had to do to make her appear but I didn't do anything I just walked around the Safari Zone and met her.
When I went to the PKCenter and check on the PC she had Pound and Tail Whip (no DoubleSlap nor unusual moves).
Well just that, I thought it was something worth mentioning.
Does anyone have an idea of the range of the random generated at the run-away probability ? My interest comes from the possibility of comparing the advantage of throwing a rock to double the catch-rate with the disvantage of doubling the value to reache to avoid run-away. Also calcutating if there is a critical base-speed where the pokemon will always run when rocked.
TheSwissGuy 09:03, 20 March 2012 (UTC)
Time Limit (Number of Steps)
I see that the time limit, i.e. the number of steps allowed per entry is listed as 500. In FR/LG you get 600. I think I remember it being 500 in Gen I but I'm not 100% sure. I'm editing the page to show 500 for Gen I and 600 for FR/LG. Ishu bagaria (talk) 23:51, 6 September 2015 (UTC)