Same question here that I asked about Arbok. --BJG
>While we're on the subject, would you say Weezing's tendancy to explode actually counts as it using Explosion, or is that just something that happens by accident? - Zeta
I have no idea. Is it able to battle immediately after? --BJG
>Well, usually it will be hit by a Fire-type attack and Team Rocket will go blasting off afterwards, then someone will make a comment on how explosive Weezing's poison gas is. I'm not sure if it just explodes by itself, or if the fire sets off the attack, or what. My point being that it's just a good idea to keep the thing away from Cyndaquil. - Zeta
Regarding its origin: The "Christmas present" line was the dub of the line in question. They didn't say specifically that they came from Giovanni, but they said that they were received as mid-year/end-of-year gifts, which are usually given by one's employer as thanks for the work done in the past year.
Regarding Explosion: I don't remember this particular Weezing having a tendency to explode. Remember that the area around TR explodes now, even though Weezing is long gone. I think it's a coincidence. --Argy 13:42, 27 Apr 2005 (UTC)
Isn't the proper name "James' Weezing"? Porygon-Z 22:31, 15 December 2007 (UTC)
- No, I'm fairly certain he's right. When you have a name that ends in s, you're supposed to put the apostrophe after it without adding a second, possessive s. --Dual 08:01, 21 December 2007 (UTC)
- In some forms of English, that's correct. No one can really come to a consensus. But really, why would you leave out the apostrophe-s? Is it more than one Jame owning a Weezing? No. It's James owning a Weezing. James's Weezing. Besides, how do you say it? I personally have always said it as "jame-zez". Plus, it'd make a HUGE exception to the anime Pokémon template. TTEchidnaGSDS! 08:59, 21 December 2007 (UTC)
- Aha! Found it. "Many English writers have adopted the nonstandard usage (even in formal writing) of adding only an apostrophe for the singular possessive of a noun ending in "s". Pronouns do not combine with ’s to form possessives; there are a range of possessive pronouns used instead." Meaning, pretty much, that as long as people are correcting "and" at the beginning of a sentence, "James's" is correct. Plus, it came from "his", according to the 'kipedia article on 's, and we're not removing the 't from "shouldn't", now are we? TTEchidnaGSDS! 09:04, 21 December 2007 (UTC)
Location in Hoenn?
Haigney or Stuart
Who does the English voice Haigney or Stuart I always tought it sounded like Stuart honestly I don't think Haigney voices it and I doubt that person who claimed to be Kayzie Rogers isn't and is just screwing up articles Livinlarge18 00:52, 6 August 2008 (UTC)
- If she was screwing up the articles, then why did she add roles that only Kayzie would know, and also edit Wikipedia at the same time? Plus, she also confirmed that Jerry Lobozzo played Quincy T. Quackenpoker, saying she was in the studio at the time.
- As for who played Koffing and Weezing, I'm not sure. Weezing I'm sure was Stuart, but Koffing may have been Haigney. I thought it sounded similar to Muk and Geodude. --PAK Man Talk 02:14, 6 August 2008 (UTC)
Yes. I really have no idea who voiced Koffing or Wheezing. But "I" am really "me" and here right now.. and fixing up a few errors as I find them. Thanks for being fans of our show! --KayzieRogers 13:06, 15 August 2009 (UTC)KayzieRogers
When was James's Weezing considered a Male (in the dub)
- Shouldn't we include Weezing in the Haze article, with the notes seciton stating that this was used in the English Dub Only?Confusion 19:23, 31 March 2012 (UTC)
What was the first time Weezing ever used Poison Gas after he was capable of using it? As Weezing, it used it first time in EP045, but it was illegitimate at the time, what was the first legitimate use of it? Since apparently next use after that was in Diamond and Pearl, and I really doubt Weezing wouldn't use it in meantime... Marked +-+-+ (talk) 14:19, 24 July 2013 (UTC)
- PS. For information, EP123 is the first episode aired after GS release in Japan so you need to search between EP123 and AG006 (in case of specials, SS003 is the last one to qualify and the only to have his Weezing; in case of movies, fourth one is the first one to both qualify and have his Weezing... and the only one). Marked +-+-+ (talk) 14:45, 24 July 2013 (UTC)
Since this is an English-language encyclopedia, giving a link to the Japanese Wikipedia to explain oseibo is... less than helpful, obviously. Although Wikipedia doesn't seem to have an article on it, isn't there some other reliable English-language source we can use, so that the majority of our readers can understand what is being said? Pumpkinking0192 (talk) 21:04, 20 August 2013 (UTC)