Shōko Nakagawa (Japanese: 中川翔子 Nakagawa Shōko, born May 5, 1985 in Tokyo) is a Japanese voice actress for the Pokémon anime and was also one of the hosts of Pokémon Sunday and Pokémon Smash, and will continue her hosting role in Pokémon Get☆TV. She is also known under the nickname, Shokotan and is famous for her extensive use of 2ch-driven language, which is known by her fans as Shokotanese (Japanese: しょこたん語 Shokotan-go).
In 2013, she wrote an autobiographical book about her experiences as a Pokémon fan and her experiences working as on Pokémon Sunday, Pokémon Smash and as a voice actress. It is titled Shōko Nakagawa: Pokémon Taught Me The Meaning of Life.
Roles on Pokémon
- Pokémon Sunday as a host
- Pokémon Smash! as a host
- Pokémon Get☆TV as a host
- Spiky-eared Pichu
- Sylveon (PK25)
- Millis Steel
Musical appearances in Pokémon
Other non-Pokémon roles
- As part of a campaign for Pokémon Sunday, Shokotan's Tropius was available for download from various Pokémon Centers in Japan from February 2 to 12, 2007.
- The "Pikachu-colored" Pichu that was available to those who pre-ordered a movie ticket for Arceus and the Jewel of Life has Shokotan as its OT.
- In a blog entry posted on May 31, 2010, Shokotan spoke of Peg's love of Electric types and mentioned that, because of this, she wanted to capture a Zekrom. Zekrom was not officially confirmed to be part-Electric type until two weeks later.
- She is similar to Becky: both were Pokémon Sunday hosts and occasionally voiced characters on the movies.
- With the exceptional of PK25, all of her anime roles were only in movies. She does not appear in Genesect and the Legend Awakened, the film associated with the short.
- This voice actor is referred on the second Pokémon Direct, as someone who suggested early what would be the Pokémon Bank.
|This anime-related article is a stub. You can help Bulbapedia by .|
|This article is part of Project VA, a Bulbapedia project that aims to write comprehensive articles on each voice actor of the Pokémon anime.|