From Bulbapedia, the community-driven Pokémon encyclopedia.
Pokémon Ranger and the Temple of the Sea (Japanese: ポケモンレンジャーと蒼海の王子 マナフィ Pokémon Ranger and the Prince of the Sea: Manaphy) is the manga adaption of the movie of the same name. It was adapted by 溝渕誠 Makoto Mizobuchi.
Pokémon Ranger and the Temple of the Sea Strongest Comic Book cover artwork
The first chapter appeared in a mini-volume that was bundled with the May 2006 issue of CoroCoro. This volume, titled ポケモンレンジャーと蒼海の王子マナフィ最強コミックBOOK Pokémon Ranger and the Prince of the Sea: Manaphy Strongest Comic Book, also included supplemental information about the movie of the same name (which was upcoming at the time) and the newly-released Pokémon Ranger video game. The full story was later published in a collected volume.
List of chapters
- The Legendary Pokémon Manaphy Is Born!!
- Bursting In! Akusha, the Temple of the Sea
- Protect the Sinking Temple!
- Back Home to the Sea
Differences between the anime and the manga
- Judy and Kyle are absent in the manga.
- During May's dream sequence, it is implied that May is naked while in the water while there is obviously no question in the film that she is wearing clothes.
- After his submarine is destroyed, The Phantom threatens to take May hostage and wields a pillar as a weapon, instead of failing to hold the pillar up and being crushed.