Pokémon Adventures volume 1
| Pokémon Adventures volume 1
Volume 1: Desperado Pikachu is the first volume of the Pokémon Adventures manga and also the first of three volumes in the Red, Green & Blue chapter. It is authored by 日下秀憲 Hidenori Kusaka and illustrated by 真斗 Mato.
- Round 1: A Glimpse of the Glow
- Round 2: Bulbasaur, Come Home!
- Round 3: The Secret of Kangaskhan
- Round 4: Wanted: Pikachu!
- Round 5: Onix is On!
- Round 6: Gyarados Splashes In!
- Round 7: Raging Rhydon
- Round 8: Suddenly Starmie
- Round 9: ...But Fearow Itself!
- Round 10: Danger: High Voltorb
- Round 11: Buzz Off, Electabuzz!
- Round 12: Wake Up—You're Snorlax!
- Round 13: Sigh for Psyduck
- Round 14: That Awful Arbok!
|Spoiler warning: this article may contain major plot or ending details.|
The following Pokémon are obtained:
- Red's Nidorino in PS001.
- Red's Bulbasaur "Saur" in PS002.
- Red's Pikachu "Pika" in PS004.
- Red's Fearow in PS009.
- Red's Snorlax "Snor" in PS012.
The following Pokémon evolve:
Red defeats the following Gym Leaders:
This is Red's Pokédex information and party at the end of this volume.
- Gym Badges: 2
- Pokémon seen: 56
- Pokémon owned: 26
Preceding the release of Volume 1 in North America were five monthly releases containing three rounds each, comprising the entire Volume 1 as well as the first round of Volume 2. These monthly comic book issues were released by VIZ Media between September 24, 1999 and January 28, 2000, followed by the Volume 1 release in April. As a bonus, these monthly releases each contained a sheet of stickers which were not included in the regular volume releases. The following monthly comic book issues were released:
- Despite Red's Poli debuting as a Poliwhirl, the contents page of this volume show Red with a Poliwag.
- Charmander is shown to have spines on its back on the title page, this is the same as on its Generation I back sprites, but is absent in those of future generations.
- There are a few spelling and grammar errors in the brief description of the second volume.
- There is a printing error that occurs in the Finnish edition. Two pages are repeated by accident, effectively removing two pages entirely: page 108 is replaced by page 101, and page 110 is replaced by page 103.
|This article is part of Project Manga, a Bulbapedia project that aims to write comprehensive articles on each series of Pokémon manga.|