From Bulbapedia, the community-driven Pokémon encyclopedia.
Pokémon Johto Handbook (ISBN 978-0545151320) is an edition of The Official Pokémon Handbook series that was published on June 1, 2010 by Scholastic. It serves as a paper form of the Johto Pokédex from HeartGold and SoulSilver and was released as an update of The Official Pokémon Handbook #3 in concordance with the remakes. It lists all the Generation II Pokémon in alphabetical order. It is 96 pages long.
- Stats and facts on
- your favorite Pokémon!
- Over a hundred amazing Pokémon
- come from the Johto Region. Now
- you can learn everything there
- is to know about each and every
- one of 'em! Plus, you'll get the
- full scoop on types, Trainers, and
- much, much more. It's your inside
- guide to all of Johto's Pokémon.
The entries for each Pokémon are in an easy-to-read page setup. Each Pokémon has either an entire page to itself, or shares a page with one of its evolutions, or another Pokémon. The Pokémon's name is at the top of the entry, with the category written underneath it.
Each Pokémon has the following stats below its name:
- How to say it
- Possible Moves (moves the Pokémon will learn by leveling up)
Image and other information
Each Pokémon has an anime-style picture on its page with "flavor text" under its name. Legendary Pokémon are labelled as such.
At the very bottom of a Pokémon's entry is a diagram of its evolutionary family. Pokémon that do not evolve do not have an evolution chain. A Pokémon that is on one side of a branched evolution will show itself, and the Pokémon it evolved from, but not the other side of the branch.