S02(Redirected from Pokémon: Adventures in the Orange Islands)
Pokémon: Adventures in the Orange Islands (originally branded on Kids' WB! as Pokémon: Orange Island Adventures) is the second season of the Pokémon anime. This season showcases the adventures of Ash, Misty, and Tracey in the Orange Islands before they return to Pallet Town. The subtitle "Adventures in the Orange Islands" is not used within the broadcast episodes, but was later added by the DVD boxed sets to distinguish it from the later seasons.
It originally aired as part of the 1999-2000 Kids' WB! Saturday morning line-up. The season began with Princess vs. Princess, which originally aired on September 4, 1999, and ended with Charizard Chills, which originally aired on September 2, 2000.
Adventures in the Orange Islands marked the beginning of the arc that spans between the Indigo League and the Johto saga which begins with Pokémon: The Johto Journeys.
Ash’s journey to the top of the Indigo League continues—but will his friendship with fellow Pokémon League competitor Richie endanger his chances? With his Kanto journey completed, Ash finds there’s still plenty to see and do when Professor Oak sends him and his friends to the Orange Islands. Brock falls head-over-heels for the attractive Professor Ivy and decides to stay with her, leaving Ash and Misty alone as a dynamic duo—at least until they meet intrepid Pokémon watcher Tracey Sketchit!
|Spoiler warning: this article may contain major plot or ending details.|
- Ash defeats the last two of the Kanto Gym Leaders, gaining eight Badges to qualify for his first Pokémon League Conference. (See Gym battles section)
- Ash journeys to Indigo Plateau to compete in his first Pokémon League Conference.
- Ash comes in the top 16 in the Indigo League, one bracket above his rival, Gary. (EP079)
- Professor Oak tells Ash to journey to the Orange Archipelago to pick up the mysterious GS Ball, which cannot be teleported via PC. (EP081)
- Ash meets Professor Ivy and retrieves the GS Ball from her lab. (EP083)
- Ash and his friends arrive on Valencia Island.
- Brock stays behind with Professor Ivy and becomes her assistant. (EP083)
- Tracey joins the group. (EP084)
- Ash decides to challenge the Orange Crew. (EP084)
- Ash's Charizard finally begins to listen to him. (EP105)
The following Pokémon are obtained:
- Jessie's Lickitung (EP052)
- Jessie's Shellder (EP066)
- Ash's Lapras (EP084)
- Ash's Snorlax (EP094)
- Tracey's Scyther (EP097)
The following Pokémon evolve:
The following Pokémon are released:
- Misty's Horsea (left at Cerulean Gym, EP061)
- Misty's Starmie (left at Cerulean Gym, EP061)
- Tracey's Venonat (obtained prior to EP084)
- Tracey's Marill (obtained prior to EP087)
Ash defeats the following Gym Leaders:
Home video releases
North American DVD releases
- Main article: List of English language Adventures on the Orange Islands home video releases (Region 1)
Australian DVD releases
- Many clips of Ash's adventures in the Orange Islands were first shown in the US via Pikachu's Jukebox.
- This season has the longest season name totaling at 28 letters.
- In Finland, this season was completely skipped.
- Older home video releases refer to the season as "Adventures On The Orange Islands" (in the United States) or "Adventures on the Orange Islands" (in Australia). Newer DVD releases refer to the season as "Adventures in the Orange Islands".
- On Pokémon.com, the logo reads "Adventures In Orange Islands 1", taken from a US DVD release of the same name.
In other languages
|Czech||Pokémon: Pomerančová liga|
|French||Pokémon: Les Îles Oranges|
|Italian||Pokémon - Oltre i cieli dell'avventura|
|Portuguese||Brazil||Pokémon - Aventuras nas Ilhas Laranjas|
|Portugal||Pokémon - Aventuras nas Ilhas Laranjas|
|Russian||Покемон — Приключения на Оранжевых островах|
|Spanish||Latin America||Pokémon - Liga Naranja|
|Spain||Pokémon: Aventuras en las Islas Naranja|
|Swedish||Pokémon - Äventyren på Apelsinöarna|
|This article is part of Project Anime, a Bulbapedia project that covers all aspects of the Pokémon anime.|