Primo(Redirected from Poké Dude)
- Poké Dude redirects here. For the Pokémon Daisuki Club card of the same name, see Poké Dude. For the character who teaches players how to catch Pokémon in Generation II, see Dude. For the character whose Spanish and Italian name is Primo, see Earl Dervish.
Primo's artwork from Pokémon Daisuki Club website
|Region||Kanto and Johto|
|Relatives||Old man (grandfather), Maximo (younger twin brother)|
|Trainer class||Poké Dude|
|Games||FireRed and LeafGreen, HeartGold and SoulSilver|
In Generation III, his real name is not mentioned, and Primo is known simply as the Poké Dude (Japanese: テレビのおにいさん TV Dude). His name is revealed when he appears in Generation IV. Primo is the grandson of the old man in Viridian City who teaches the player how to catch Pokémon in Generation I and gives the Teachy TV in FireRed and LeafGreen.
In the games
Primo appears in FireRed and LeafGreen as the host of the Poké Dude Show (renamed The Show Me Show in HeartGold and SoulSilver, even though the show itself is absent from these games). This television show broadcast on the Teachy TV and is aimed at Trainers who have just begun their Pokémon journeys. Primo instructs the player on six key gameplay elements:
- How to battle
- What a status condition is
- What type matchups are
- How to catch Pokémon
- What TMs are
- How to register an item
The Poké Dude Show is filmed on Route 1.
At some point between Generations III and IV, Primo moved from Kanto to Johto. In HeartGold and SoulSilver, he is first found in Violet City's Pokémon Center. If the player tells Primo a secret combination of words (using the easy chat system), they will be given a new PC Box wallpaper or a Pokémon Egg. There are eight wallpapers available, and three eggs: a Mareep, a Wooper, and a Slugma. All of the phrases required to receive these gifts are dependent on the player's Trainer ID number, and can be retrieved from the Pokémon Daisuki Club website, or Filb.de's secret phrase generator.
Primo will sometimes compete in the Power course of the Pokéathlon.
| Power Course|
Given away (as Eggs)
| TM01 (Focus Punch)|
TM03 (Water Pulse)
TM09 (Bullet Seed)
Pokémon FireRed and LeafGreen
- Start of the show
- "Hey, all you Trainers out there! Hello, Trainers! ...Come on, let me hear you! Hello, Trainers! It's me, the Poké Dude!"
- Before moving to a particular aspect of the show
- "All righty, here goes! Keep your eyes glued to the super Poké Dude Show!"
- Before moving to the TM Case
- "All righty, here goes! Keep your eyes glued to the somewhat super Poké Dude Show!"
- End of the show
- "Remember, Trainers, a good deed a day brings happiness to stay!"
Pokémon HeartGold and SoulSilver
- "Hello! I should be a familiar face to every Pokémon fan. I'm from the TV show, "The Show Me Show!" I am Primo, the big brother! Today, would you, one of my fans, tell me what you think of me?"
- No: "You cannot possibly mean that you are not interested in the big brother...? Arrgh, that cannot be true! You are just busy right now, aren't you? This must be it! Why don't you answer my questions when you've got time for me? See you!"
- Yes: "Oh my...! Is that how you feel about me?! I never thought of it that way before. By the way, how do you like the way I am so exciting and fun?"
- "Truly? That gives me all-new energy so I can work even harder! Great feedback! It'll help me a lot. Thank you for your continued support!"
- Receiving a wallpaper
- "...! You are no ordinary fan, knowing such a thing! You're a Trainer, right? I'll pull some strings for you. I think I can swing a deal to get you a new wallpaper for your PC Boxes. Make sure you keep your channel tuned to "The Show Me Show!" And don't forget about me, the big brother!"
- Receiving an egg
- "...! You are no ordinary fan, knowing such a thing! You are a Trainer, right? I'll pull some strings for you. I think I can swing a deal and give you this Egg. You take good care of it!"
| Overworld sprite from
FireRed and LeafGreen
| Overworld sprite from
HeartGold and SoulSilver
| Back sprite from|
FireRed and LeafGreen
In the TCG
This listing is of cards mentioning or featuring Primo (as the Poké Dude) or his Pokémon in the Pokémon Trading Card Game.
| Related cards|
Cards listed with a blue background are only legal to use in the current Expanded format.
Cards listed with a silver background are legal to use in both the current Standard and Expanded formats.
|Poké Dude||T [Su]||Unnumbered Promotional cards|
- Hironobu Yoshida once performed in a live-action version of Teachy TV, dressing up as the Poké Dude to present it. Depictions of him in various poses form the basis for the illustration for the Poké Dude promotional card.
- He, his grandfather, and the Dude are the only NPCs to receive a back sprite, but not a front one.
|Japanese||ハジメ Hajime||From 初め hajime, first|
|French, German||Castor||From Castor|
|Korean||큰형님 Keun Hyeongnim||Literally means Great Big Brother|
|Chinese (Mandarin)||阿始 Ā Shǐ||From 開始 kāishǐ, beginning|
|Japanese||テレビのおにいさん TV dude|
|This game character article is part of Project CharacterDex, a Bulbapedia project that aims to write comprehensive articles on each character found in the Pokémon games.|