From Bulbapedia, the community-driven Pokémon encyclopedia.
|| The picture used in this article is unsatisfactory.|
Reason: Should be replaced with Generation VII images
Please feel free to replace it so it conforms to Bulbapedia conventions.
Megahorn (Japanese: メガホーン Megahorn) is a damage-dealing Bug-type move introduced in Generation II. Prior to Generation III, it was the signature move of Heracross.
Megahorn deals damage and has no secondary effect.
|| A Bug-type attack that uses a stiff horn or horns. It is rarely learned.
|| A powerful charge attack.
|| A brutal ramming attack using out-thrust horns.
|| A brutal ramming attack delivered with a tough and impressive horn.
|| A brutal ramming attack using outthrust horns.
|| Utilizing its tough and impressive horn, the user rams into the foe with no letup.
|| Using its tough and impressive horn, the user rams into the foe with no letup.
| Using its tough and impressive horn, the user rams into the target with no letup.
In other games
| Eligible Pokémon:
- Prior to an update to Niantic's servers on July 30, 2016, Megahorn had a power of 55.
- Prior to an update to Niantic's servers on February 16, 2017, Megahorn had a power of 80 and a duration of 3.2 seconds.
In the anime
In the manga
In the Be the Best! Pokémon B+W manga
In the Pokémon Adventures manga
In other generations
Core series games
Spin-off series games
- In Pokémon Stadium 2, Bugsy erroneously refers to this move as "Megaphone" when his Heracross (present only in Round 2) uses it.
- At 120, it has the highest base power of all Bug-type moves, discounting Fury Cutter's variable power, which can reach 160.
- This also means that Megahorn is the only Bug-type move with a base power over 100 under normal conditions.
In other languages