- If you were looking for the anime character whose Japanese name is Masamune, see Morrison.
- If you were looking for the Scizor belonging to Muramasa whose nickname is Masamune, see Muramasa#Masamune.
Artwork with Braviary
In the games
|Spoiler warning: this article may contain major plot or ending details.|
In The Legend of Ransei, Masamune is one of Nobunaga's Warlords. He claims joining with Nobunaga will put him in the army that will eventually unite Ransei, but his own goal is to unite Ransei himself.
|Warrior Skill||One-Eyed Dragon|
- Transforms to Rank II by reaching a 60% link with Rufflet or Braviary in The Dragon's Dream.
|The Legend of Ransei||Unite Ransei stories||Collect 100 Pokémon stories||Defeat Nobunaga stories||Two Heroes of Ransei|
- Start of turn:
- When asleep:
- "Wake up!"
- With low health or a status ailment:
- "Stand your ground!"
- When victory is near:
- "Let's get this over with!"
- "I'll take care of this!"
- Start of battle:
- When attacking a castle:
- "There's no stopping me now!"
- When defending a castle:
- "They don't know what they're doing."
- During battle:
- "It is only <Pokémon's name> and I who can put an end to this battle! Behold with awe, as we seize this victory for ourselves!"
- When ordering to attack:
- "It's <move's name> time!"
- When ordering to go to battle:
- To a kingdom:
- "I'll tell you something... If I'm on your side, victory is guaranteed!"
- To a wild Pokémon location:
- Upon forming a link:
- "Come with me, <Pokémon's name>!"
- When using an item:
- "My <item> will do it!"
- When using his Warrior Skill:
- "This'll settle things!"
- After winning a battle:
- If he attacked a castle:
- "And with this... <kingdom> falls into my hands!"
- If he defended a castle:
- "Next time, think twice before you take on the One-Eyed Dragon!"
- After losing a battle:
- If recruitable:
- "It seems I may have underestimated you."
- If defeated by something other than the enemy:
- "Hmph... Celebrate all you want... I will have my revenge!"
- When being recruited:
- "Masamune is at your service!"
- When bandits attack:
- "They think they can do with us as they like, do they? We'll show 'em! Come, <Pokémon's name>!
Earnest and cheerful, with soaring ambitions that he refuses to let anyone dampen.
Masamune is based on the real-life Date Masamune of Japanese history. Yoshi was his mother and Iroha was his daughter. Kagetsuna, Tsunamoto, and Shigezane were three of his most faithful retainers, the latter also his cousin. Munetoki and Tsunenaga were also retainers. Munezane served both Masamune's father (Date Terumune, who is not in the game) and Shigezane.
- His Warrior Skill (One-Eyed Dragon) and the title of his story (The Dragon's Dream) come from his historical nickname: the One-eyed Dragon (独眼竜).
Hero/Heroine • Nobunaga • Oichi • Hideyoshi • Motochika • Ginchiyo • Motonari • Mitsuhide • Yoshihiro
|This game character article is part of Project CharacterDex, a Bulbapedia project that aims to write comprehensive articles on each character found in the Pokémon games.|