From Bulbapedia, the community-driven Pokémon encyclopedia.
Artwork with Lampent
|| Ghost, Fire
| Default Pokémon
Kanbei (Japanese: カンベエ) is a Warlord in Pokémon Conquest.
He, along with Hanbei, is one of Hideyoshi's personal advisers and junior Warlords. Despite his appearance, Kanbei is the younger of the two.
In the games
Kanbei and Hanbei and do not appear at all during The Legend of Ransei, making their first appearance during Hideyoshi's story: Happily Ever After. With their help, Hideyoshi eventually brings Ransei together as one peaceful nation.
In Kanbei's story, The Visionary's Quest, Kanbei is tasked with gathering one hundred Pokémon for the Ignis army while Hideyoshi is away. He is also in the Hanbei's army at the beginning of Hanbei's story; The Reluctant Genius.
| Warrior Skill
| Perfect Links
- Transforms to Rank II by reaching a 60% link with Lampent or Chandelure while Hanbei is in the same kingdom.
- "Will not wake up, it seems."
- With low health or a status ailment:
- "The result of this battle is clear."
- "Eliminate the enemy with haste."
- "Unaware of your own folly..."
- "The outcome of this battle matters little. What matters is that we act in anticipation of what is to come once the battle is over."
- "Time for <move's name>."
- When ordering to go to battle:
- "There is much to be gained by emerging victorious from this battle."
- To a wild Pokémon location:
- "Let us depart."
- "Come, <Pokémon's name>."
- "Here, take my <item>."
- "This will turn the tide."
- "It is unreasonable to expect anything other than a victory for us."
- "To believe that you could steal this castle was pure folly."
- "Yes... This talent could be enough..."
- If defeated by something other than the enemy:
- "This is but a trifling thing."
- "Not every battle can be won. I seek a greater victory."
- "I am honored..."
- "I wish to strengthen <Pokémon's name>. Will you permit us to take a trip?"
- "I am most indebted to you."
- When returning from a training trip:
- "I have returned. The trip was a good one. It seems that the bond between <Pokémon's name> and I has grown stronger."
- Before a delegation is chosen:
- "What shall I do for you?"
- After a delegation is chosen:
- ""At your service."
- When a delegation is stopped:
- "I understand."
- "Let us begin."
- When successful in mining:
- "I see."
- When unsuccessful in mining:
- "It's impossible. The number of people blessed with the ability to communicate with Pokémon will always be limited."
- "You're not..."
- "Watch your mouth in front of Lord Hideyoshi, Hanbei."
- "...I was born with this face."
- "Are you sure about this, Hanbei?"
- "Simply to work hard until we achieve our objective. If we can collect one hundred Pokémon, Lord Hideyoshi will be pleased."
- "Hanbei... Why did you let me be Warlord...?"
- "...You know that's not my thing."
- "I wouldn't know."
A firm believer that the end justifies the means, he is always focused on his current aim. He and Hanbei are close friends, united by their gifted natures.
Kanbei is based on the real-life Kuroda Yoshitaka of Japanese history, who was also known by the name "Kanbei" (官兵衛). He was an expert tactician and one of Totoyomi Hideyoshi's strategists.