Every region except Kanto has a Herb Shop (Japanese: かんぽうや Kampo Shop). The herb shops sell bitter herbs. The herbs sold, which are the same in each region, are the Energy Root, Energy Powder, Revival Herb, and Heal Powder.
- The herb shop in Johto is located in the Goldenrod Tunnel.
- The herb shop in Hoenn is in Lavaridge Town.
- The herb shop in Orre is in The UnderColo or in Gateon PortXD.
- The herb shop in Sinnoh is located in Eterna City.
- The herb shop in Unova is located in Driftveil City.
- The herb shop in Kalos is located in Lumiose City.
The prices of the herbs, in all six regions with herb shops, are:
All four of the herbs in some way heal the Pokémon that they are used on but cause the Pokémon to be less friendly. The Energy Root heals a Pokémon's HP by 200. The Energy Powder heals a Pokémon's HP by 50. The Revival Herb revives a fainted Pokémon with full HP. The Heal Powder heals any status condition.
- In lieu of a proper Herb Shop, FireRed and LeafGreen offers the herbs in exchange for Berry Powder in a house in Cerulean City. There, Energy Powder and Heal Powder can be obtained for 50 units of Berry Powder, Energy Root for 80 units, and Revival Herb for 300 units.
- In Generations III and IV, Pokémon will have a favorite flavor; however, even if the Pokémon's favorite flavor is Bitter and is given herbal medicine, it will still make the Pokémon less friendly.