ゲームボーイポケット Game Boy Pocket
The Game Boy Pocket
The Game Boy Pocket (Japanese: ゲームボーイポケット Game Boy Pocket) is a handheld console produced by Nintendo. It is an improved model of the Game Boy. This was the first Game Boy system to be released in Australia. Like all handheld consoles until the Nintendo DSi, it is not region encoded.
Differences from Game Boy
- It has space for two AAA batteries, which provide about 10 hours of game play.
- The Game Link Cable port style was adjusted, and is the same style as that of the Game Boy Color and Game Boy Advance.
- The screen has been changed to true black-and-white display rather than the monochrome display of the Game Boy.
- It has a larger screen than both the Game Boy and the Game Boy Color, being 48.5mm (1.91") × 43.5mm (1.71"), with a diagonal length of 65mm (2.56").
- Originally there was no LED to show battery levels, but this was quickly added.
|Pokémon Red and Green||Main series RPG||1996|
|Pokémon Blue||Main series RPG||1996|
|Pokémon Red and Blue||Main series RPG||1998|
|Pokémon Yellow||Main series RPG||1998|
Game Boy Color Pokémon games
Although designed for the Game Boy Color, these Pokémon games can also be played on the Game Boy Pocket.
|Pokémon Trading Card Game||Card game||1998|
|Pokémon Gold and Silver||Main series RPG||1999|
|Game systems with Pokémon games|
|GB (Pocket • GBL • SGB • SGB2) • GBC • mini • GBA (SP • GBm • GBP) • DS (Lite • DSi • DSi XL) • 3DS (XL • 2DS • New 3DS • New 3DS XL)|
|SNES (BS-X • SGB • NP • SGB2) • N64 (DD) • GCN (GBP) • Wii • Wii U|
|Pico • Beena|