Extreme Pokémon: The Guide for the Ultimate Fan by Michael Teitelbaum is a handbook that was published in July 2000. It contains some basic information on Generation I and, more specifically, information on characters and events occurring in the Orange Islands story arc of the anime. The book also contains the only official map of the Orange Archipelago.
- What Is Pokémon All About?
- What's Up with Ash?
- Showdown on the Indigo Plateau - The Pokémon League Tournament
- Tropical Tour Book - The Pokémon Trainer's Guide to the Orange Islands
- The New Kid in Town - Tracey Sketchit
- Everything I Need to Know, I Learned From Watching Pokémon
- Clearing Up the Facts About Misty
- Pokémon Types
- Your Pokémon Dictionary
- Brock and Roll!
- Trivia, Fun, and All That Cool Stuff!
- Team Rocket's Blasting Off Again!
- Here Come the New Pokémon!
- On page 7, there is a list of the Kanto Gym Leaders. The image of the Badge Sabrina gives out, the Marsh Badge, and the Badge Koga gives out, the Soul Badge, are switched.
- On page 32, when listing Pidgeot's attacks, one of them is "Wing".
- On page 33, a section called Mime's The Word states that Delia rescued her Mr. Mime from a circus where it was being treated harshly. In reality, hers was a wild Mr. Mime which she mistook for Ash. The Mr. Mime in question actually belonged to Stella who eventually worked out her differences with her Mr. Mime.
- On page 52, an image of Venusaur is in place of where an image of a Charmander should be.
- Ritchie's name is misspelled as Richie.
- On page 89, a true or false question asks if Venonat like to fly near bright lights at night. The answers state that this is true; Venonat cannot fly, and this is most likely intended to be Venomoth.
- On page 89, a true or false question is asked about Nidoran♀ and Nidoran♂, but there is a picture of Nidorino instead of Nidoran♂.
- On page 90, a question asks The S.S. Anne is a boat docked in Vermillion City. True or False? The answer on page 105 does not make sense saying False, the name of the boat is the S.S. Anne.
- This is actually corrected in the Canadian French version. In this translation, the question asks if the name of the ship is the "S.S. Banane".
- On page 104, the answers are given for You Pick the Winner! Battle #3 says Pikachu will win in a battle against Golem because "Water-Type Pokémon have the advantage over Rock Types." This may be referring to Surfing Pikachu, as Surf is a Water-type move.
Map of the Orange Archipelago
In other languages
| Canadian French
|| Extrêmes Pokémon: Le guide ultime des vrais mordus