From Bulbapedia, the community-driven Pokémon encyclopedia.
- This article is about the character from Mewtwo Strikes Back. For the character from Those Darn Electabuzz!, see Corey Demario. For the recurring character introduced in An Egg Scramble!, see Khoury.
Corey (Japanese: ソラオ Sorao) is a character from Mewtwo Strikes Back.
Corey was one of the few Trainers who made it to New Island. He survived the storm and made the journey by flying on the back of his Pidgeot. Along with Neesha, Fergus, and Ash and his friends, Corey witnessed the revelation that Mewtwo was trying to destroy the world.
Corey tried to defeat Mewtwo's clone Venusaur using Bruteroot, his own Venusaur; however, Mewtwo's Venusaur easily defeated Bruteroot with a Vine Whip, sending it flying. He also attempted to use his Rhyhorn against Mewtwo.
| Pidgeot was Corey's means of getting to New Island, as the ferry was canceled by Mewtwo's storm. Pidgeot was later seen again with Corey at New Island.
None of Pidgeot's moves are known.
|| Mewtwo Strikes Back
- In the Latin-American Spanish and Portuguese dub of the movie, Corey was referred to as Gary Oak. The dialogues were edited so the characters knew each other, and he was also portrayed by Gary Oak's voice actor.
- In the English dub of the movie, he mistakenly refers to his Pidgeot as Pidgeotto.
- The method as to how Mewtwo's Venusaur beat Bruteroot was similar to how Duplica's Ditto defeated Ash's Bulbasaur.
- Corey's appearance looks similar to the Cooltrainers in Gold and Silver.
- Though the book adaptation usually refers to him by his correct name, he is referred to as "Umio" when he orders Bruteroot to attack Mewtwo.
- He is the only character who got to New Island by flying.
|| ソラオ Sorao
|| From sora, sky.
| Chinese (Mandarin)
|| 空男 Kōngnán
|| From 空男 Sorao. Means sky lad.