Bronius in Pokémon Adventures
|Games||Black and White|
|Member of||Team Plasma|
In the games
In Pokémon Black and White, Bronius is encountered along with Ghetsis, Rood and several Team Plasma Grunts at Team Plasma's hideout in Castelia City. He leaves the building shortly after the arrival of the player. He later appears with all the other sages (except Ghetsis) at N's Castle, blocking the player's way to N. However, the Unova Gym Leaders appear and clear the way to N. After Ghetsis has been defeated, Bronius can be found in Chargestone Cave, where he gives the player TM69 (Rock Polish) and is arrested by Looker.
Bronius does not appear in Pokémon Black 2 and White 2.
Pokémon Black and White
- "I thought it would be humorous to prepare a hideout right in front of a Pokémon Gym, but we were detected more quickly than I imagined."
- "When the Way is forgotten, duty and justice appear."
- "Accursed Gym Leaders!"
- "You shall not interfere with Team Plasma... Or our king!"
- "When I saw you in Castelia, I did not care about your existence. Here in the Chargestone Cave, Ghetsis tested your ability... Once more, we will test you to learn what it is you are. Team Plasma, come out!"
- "The Pokémon of our Team Plasma are also fighting for their Trainers. It was so obvious that I overlooked it... Thank you for reminding me of that. Here, I'd like you to take this."
- "Pokémon do their best for their Trainers even when they are injured. I wonder whether my lord N understands what that means?"
- "Those who left Team Plasma and are behaving with respect and understanding toward Pokémon... Them, please forgive! However, those who won't interact with Pokémon in a kind and honest way... Even I will never forgive them!"
|TM69 (Rock Polish)||Chargestone Cave||B W|
| Overworld sprite from|
In the manga
In the Pokémon Adventures manga
Bronius appears as a member of the Seven Sages in the Black & White chapter. Three years prior to the start of the chapter, he is tasked with the spreading of Team Plasma's ideals to the general public. Gorm first appears alongside the other Sages in Letting Go walking with Ghetsis after the latter gave a speech on releasing Pokémon to the public.
In The Case of the Missing Pokémon, Bronius appears after Black discovers that Team Plasma had been kidnapping various Pokémon in Castelia City, including Bianca's Litwick. Using his Munna, Musha, Black finds that Team Plasma hideout, a building located right in front of the Castle Gym, which is "the root of the human evil" in his words. He reveals that Team Plasma intends to bring "the hero and the black lightning bolt" to Unova. He then escapes as he taunts his opponents.
After N awakens Zekrom from the Dark Stone, Bronius and the other sages watch as N attempts to befriend Zekrom and have it join Team Plasma's cause. At the Pokémon League, Team Plasma enacts its plan and summons N's Castle from the depths of the earth to surround the League building. Bronius and the other Sages emerge from the castle as they watch the chaos unfold. Black attempts to confront them, but Ghetsis easily defeats Black's team. With no way to save the Gym Leaders, stop the Grunts causing havoc below, and face N in battle, Black is assisted by several Trainers that he had met over the course of his journey. The Trainers battle against the sages and rescue the Gym Leaders from the bindings. The Gym Leaders then help battle the sages, but Bronius and the others eventually escape from the battle without being seen.
|Amoonguss was first used by a Team Plasma Grunt to knock Bianca unconscious so that he could liberate her Litwick. In the following round, Black followed the spores it left behind to find out where Team Plasma had been keeping the Pokémon they kidnapped. Amoonguss battled with Black's Nite, but was easily defeated from a chop to the head. During the attack on the Pokémon League, it was used alongside the other Seven Sages' Pokémon to to fend off several Trainers that were trying to rescue the captured Gym Leaders. When the Gym Leaders were freed, Amoonguss was left to fight alone with the other sages' Pokémon after the Seven Sages escaped.|
|Debut||Big City Battles|
- In Black and White, Bronius quotes a line from Tao Te Ching at N's Castle.
|Japanese||スムラ Sumra||From سمرة sumra, Arabic for "brownness" or "tan"|
|French||Alezan||French for chestnut|
|German||Aquilus||Latin for brown|
|Italian||Moreno||Spanish for tanned|
|Spanish||Sumra||From سمرة sumra, Arabic for "brownness" or "tan"|
|Korean||스므라 Seumeura||Transliteration of Japanese name.|
|Chinese (Mandarin)||斯姆拉 Sīmǔlā||Transliteration of his Japanese name|
|Chinese (Cantonese)||斯姆拉 Sīmóuhlā||Mandarin-based Transliteration of his Japanese name|
|This game character article is part of Project CharacterDex, a Bulbapedia project that aims to write comprehensive articles on each character found in the Pokémon games.|