From Bulbapedia, the community-driven Pokémon encyclopedia.
| Generation VI
| Boosts move power when the Pokémon moves after the target.
Analytic (Japanese: アナライズ Analyze) is an Ability introduced in Generation V. Twelve Pokémon can have this Ability, and it is exclusively obtainable as a Hidden Ability.
If a Pokémon with Analytic executes its move after the Pokémon it originally targeted has already acted this turn, the power of its move is increased by 30%. Using a move and switching to another Pokémon count as having acted, while Mega Evolving, shifting, or the charging phase of Focus Punch do not.
In a Triple Battle, this means that if the Pokémon with Analytic is targeting a Pokémon in a flank position that chooses to switch with its ally in the middle, its move's power will always be normal when it attacks the Pokémon that is shifted into the flank position; but if the Pokémon with Analytic targets a Pokémon in the middle whose ally on a flank chooses to shift into the middle position, its move's power still depends on whether the Pokémon that was in the middle (and is now on a flank) has acted when the Pokémon with Analytic uses its move.
Outside of battle
Analytic has no effect outside of battle.
Pokémon with Analytic
Pokéstar Studios opponents with Analytic
|| First Ability
|| Second Ability
|| Hidden Ability
| Please note that this is only 100% accurate to Generation VI games.
- For Generation III games, ignore Abilities introduced in Generation IV or later and Hidden Abilities.
- For Generation IV games, ignore Hidden Abilities.
- For Generation V games, ignore Abilities introduced in Generation VI.
- This Ability originated as a TCG Poké-POWER.
- Of the 20 Abilities that are obtained exclusively as Hidden Abilities, Analytic is the most common, with 12 Pokémon capable of having it.
In other languages