Amanita in Pokémon Adventures
|Games||Black and White, Black 2 and White 2|
Amanita (Japanese: ショウロ Shōro) is the storage system creator of the Unova region, who lives in Striaton City. She is an expert in computing, creating a Pokémon Storage System that succeeded Bebe's storage system.
In the games
Amanita was introduced in Generation V as the Pokémon Storage System creator living in Striaton City in the Unova region. It was she who developed Unova's storage system based on the previous designs of Bill, Lanette and Bebe.
In Black and White, the player first meets her in Striaton City where she gives the player a Box which can be accessed in the player's PC. She also tells the player about a new feature called the Battle Box which can be used to store the player's Pokémon for battle.
She has the player start out with 8 Boxes capable of holding 240 Pokémon. When all 8 Boxes have at least one Pokémon in them, the storage capacity will be increased to 16 Boxes, holding 480 Pokémon. When all 16 of those Boxes have at least one Pokémon in them, the capacity will be increased again to a maximum of 24 Boxes, holding 720 Pokémon.
In Black 2 and White 2, Amanita is found in Castelia City, along with Fennel. They are located on the third floor inside the building across the street from the Gym. After the player has entered the Hall of Fame, Amanita will give the player an Eevee she received from a friend in the Kanto region.
At Striaton City
- "Are you a Trainer? Do you use the PC at Pokémon Centers? I am Amanita. I maintain the Box system. Do you know about the Battle Box?
- No: "Let me give you a quick how-to! If there's a Pokémon you use often in your battles, you can register it in the Battle Box!"
- Yes: "Impressive! If there's a Pokémon you use often in your battles, you can register it in the Battle Box!"
- "Please do use the Battle Box. You can register Pokémon in the PC over there, too!"
At Castelia City
- Before entering the Hall of Fame
- "Are you a Trainer? Do you use the PC at Pokémon Centers? I am Amanita. I maintain the Box system. Oh! You have a Pal Pad, I see! You can register your friends in your Pal Pad. After you register, you can link with those friends over Nintendo Wi-Fi Connection to do all kinds of fun things! You can trade Pokémon, challenge your friends to a battle, and so on. Let me give you a quick how-to on registering your friends. You can either input your friend's code directly by using your Pal Pad... Or you can use the IR Connection feature of the C-Gear. Then you can register your friend!"
- "Is there something you'd like to ask me?"
- Box: "You can store up to 30 Pokémon you caught in one Box. At first, there are only eight Boxes, but as you store more Pokémon, the number of Boxes increases!"
- Battle Box: "In the Battle Box, you can register one to six Pokémon that you often use in battles. When you battle using Infrared Connection, you can also battle with the Pokémon in the Battle Box! It's convenient because you don't have to move Pokémon around!"
- Pal Pad: "In order to register you friend in your Pal Pad... You can either input your friend's code directly by using your Pal Pad in the Key Item case... Or you can use the IR Connection feature of the C-Gear. Then you can register your friend!"
- "Catch a lot of Pokémon, and use the Boxes a lot!"
- After entering the Hall of Fame
- "Oh! How are the Boxes working? Hey, that's right! I have a bunch of Eevee! Would you take one for me?
- No: "How disappointing. Well, if you change your mind, please come talk to me again!"
- Yes, but no room: "Oh! Your party is full! The PC Boxes were designed for situations just like this!"
- Yes: "This is an Eevee I received from my friend in the Kanto region!"
- "Eevee is an amazing Pokémon that has many potential evolutions!"
In the manga
In the Pokémon Adventures manga
Amanita appears in Battle in the Dreamyard as the assistant of Fennel. She shows Black her research project, dreams. Later, she accompanies him along with White to the Dreamyard to find his Munna, Musha, that was stolen by Team Plasma.
| This Watchog was used by Team Plasma to steal Black's Munna, Musha. Eventually, Black manages to retrieve Musha and uses him to defeat the Watchog. Later, it was adopted by Amanita and Fennel.
None of Watchog's moves are known.
|Debut||Battle at the Dreamyard|
- Amanita states the Eevee given to her in Pokémon Black 2 and White 2 was from a friend in the Kanto region. This person is most likely Bill, as he gives an Eevee to the main character in Generation II and Pokémon HeartGold and SoulSilver, along with giving one to Bebe (who then gives it to the player) in Pokémon Diamond, Pearl, and Platinum.
|Japanese||ショウロ Shōro||From 松露 shōro, Rhizopogon roseolus|
|English||Amanita||From the genus Amanita and possibly animation|
|French||Boletta||From bōlētus, Latin for edible mushroom|
|German||Rubina||Possibly from Rhizopogon rubescens or Amanita rubescens|
|Italian||Mico||From μύκης mýkēs, Greek for mushroom|
|Spanish||Trufa||From trufa, truffle|
|Korean||솔이 Sol'i||From 송로 (松露) songlo, truffle|
|Chinese (Mandarin)||松露 Sōnglù||From 松露 sōnglù, truffle|
|This game character article is part of Project CharacterDex, a Bulbapedia project that aims to write comprehensive articles on each character found in the Pokémon games.|